My Code of Conduct
Being an independent, I am committed to running this campaign with integrity and transparency. Therefore I’m signing up to the Bell Principles, a code of conduct for all elected representatives demanding the highest standard of behaviour and engagement.
I promise to
- abide wholeheartedly by the spirit and letter of the Seven Principles of Public Life set out by Lord Nolan in 1995:
- honesty and
- be guided by considered evidence, our real world experience and expertise, our constituencies and our consciences
- be free from the control of any political party, pressure group or whip
- be non-discriminatory, ethical and committed to pluralism
- make decisions transparently and openly at every stage and level of the political process, enabling people to see how decisions are made and the evidence on which they are based
- listen, consulting our communities constantly and innovatively
- treat political opponents with courtesy and respect, challenging them when we believe they are wrong, and agreeing with them when we believe they are right
- resist abuses of power and patronage and promote democracy at every level
- claim expenses, salaries and compensation openly so the public can judge the value for money of our activities.